Saturday 14 November 2009

The Two Greatest Commandments

I was drawn to a few messages Christ spoke about that really intensely got me thinking. I was doing my daily reading Matthew 22-24. I felt there was a number of messages spoken upon we as Christians really need to take to heart.

The message I wanted to speak about is one that is commonly spoken about but I feel it is one that we constantly need to keep in our hearts, minds and souls.

A little pre-roll to The Scripture I have taken, Jesus is Preaching onto a mass of people of which there are Pharisees there, They group together in order to form a plan to test him. Then one of them steps forward, A lawyer and says : ..

Matthew 22:36-40

36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment of the law?”
37 Jesus said to him “ You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, With all your soul, And will all your mind”
38 “This is the first and great commandment.
39 “and the second is like it : ‘you shall love your neighbour as yourself.’
40 “On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets”

I find this incredibly powerful , it is often asked to Christians which of the commandments is the greatest or which commandment is the worst not to abide by. I have often heard “Thou Shalt not kill” in response to this question.

As Jesus has expressed to us in the passage quoted. Everything in our everyday lives ( mentally, physically and spiritually ) on our journey walking towards Righteousness is sourced in Loving God with all our Heart, Soul and Mind. From that all Righteous behaviour stems.

I think we often overcomplicate what God’s expectations are from us, These complications lead us down a path of confusion and may even lead to us become quite lost and inflicting the illusion that we are isolated from God. Jesus has told us Love Our God with everything we are, Then Love Our Neighbour as yourself. From this every other law will fall into place.

Our Primary Goal as Christians is : To Love Our God, With EVERYTHING we are.
I believe this also means, We should be Mindful of all God’s works in Everything we do and in all our Success’s as well as perceived Failures ( I say perceived failures because I do not believe any of us fail at anything, that everything that seems to have a negative impact on our life has a greater positive influence with God’s Grace ).

Through prayer so much can be achieved, Asking God, We are Sooooo Blessed to have a God who will Help us and Guide us and Influence our lives and our decisions. He has Blessed us with being allowed to ask him and receive such Knowledge and more so Wisdom, As well as being able to part take in the Beautiful experience that is His Love and Grace.


Thank you for reading, Any questions , comments or amendments are more than welcome.

Thank you again for reading, I hope this will help on your Journey Towards Christ,

Much Love and May God Truly Bless You

Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment