Monday 2 November 2009

Seeking Counsel

This blog is very inspired by God’s actions in my life and God guiding my words and actions.

I will give a brief history about myself, My name is Christopher Crentsil, I am a university student in Southampton, England. I study Live and Studio Sound, so I am a “technical music student”. I’m in my second year of university, In my first year of university I was extremely overwhelmed by temptation, peer pressure and freedom. Coming from a home where my parents gave me what I would call a good blend between freedom and restriction, To an environment where the only voice I viewed that mattered was “my own”. This lead my down negative paths. I went clubbing/partying a lot, was drinking excessively and all the while I was moving further and further away from God. I was spiralling downwards and I didn’t like it but in an effort to regain “happiness” in my life I continue to turn to these shallow activities for Joy. Towards the end of university I decided not to continue doing these things but was still very unhappy and self-focused, I still was unsure why as now I was back to reading my bible on occasion and trying to reconnect myself with God. It wasn’t until I went to Hillsong Summer Camp; I was extremely touched by a message Pastor Judah Smith talked about. After which I went to my room and prayed, At which point God prompted me to Let Go. I carried a lot of things going far back to childhood incidents to more recent ones. Which prevented me from really being able to give the entirety of myself to Him.

After I did this that same night, I have never felt such a release, such a magnitude of Joy and Clarity. From that point onwards I have not been going out as I did before, I am very Christ focused. My views and attitudes have completely been shaped and I’m so grateful to God for allowing me to embark on this Journey.

I am still learning through the Love of Christ. I am still learning to turn to God in all situations. I extremely

Today I wanted to talk about Seeking Counsel, It is something I think that is very important as Followers Of Christ we should be aware of. In times of hardships and times of need, We often look to this world for reassurance, We are extremely Blessed. God has opened us to his Counsel, When we do go through these hard times, we can turn to him for guidance. When we are lost, we can turn to him to light the way. God will always provide what we need, Don’t ever be afraid to talk to him. He will never turn you away, Come to him with both your success’s and your problems. We are very Privileged to be in a position where we can ask God questions and ask Him for help.





Psalm 10, Talk about how pride will prevent you from talking to God and prevent you from keeping God in your Heart and Mind.

Psalm 10 : 4 - The wicked, through the pride of his countenance, will not seek after God: God is not in all his thoughts.


When you have these struggles, Put all your faith in God, Put all your faith that God will turn things around for you. Have Faith that what you are going through is for Your benefit!!

There is a direct result from not keeping God in your decisions, problems and successes. I do believe it produces a level of pride and a very self-focused behaviour. As opposed to one that is Fixated on God. We have much to benefit from God’s Counsel and WE MUSTN’T Underestimate Him. Do not fear in giving him everything that is You, Your Problems, Your Successes, Your Views, The Entirety that is You.

God will lead you on a path that will only benefit you, this could be seeking counsel from another person or turning to Bible or perhaps He will put something in your heart.

This is a relatively short message but I feel it is an important one.

If you have any comments or message please feel free, I would love to hear from you.

God Bless You All,
Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment