Monday 2 November 2009

God Works In Mysterious Ways…

I’ll start at the very beginning, For a while I have been quite accepting and open to the Gift of Tongues, I’ve never asked God for it before. My view on Gifts from God has always been it will come in God’s times, So on that basis I didn’t ask God about it.

The Saturday just gone (31st of November ) I went out for a meal with Jennifer, Very Blessed Friend in Christ, During which Jennifer brought up the issue of Tongues and if I had ever spoken in tongues before, I replied no and explained my views on which. Upon which she also shared with me her views and in essences talked to be about the beauty of Tongues in relation to your relationship with God. So after dinner it was on my mind and I agreed with what Jennifer had told me and she prayed for me that night that I might be blessed by The Holy Spirit. That night I felt a great calm but no tongues were poured out of me. I went to my friends house where I was staying in London, There was a party so I took myself elsewhere so I could be alone and pray. I felt as though there was a barrier between God and me in relationship to being accepting of Tongues. I realised later that day what it was, But I asked God to please break down the barrier that was preventing me for being able to accept this Gift and agreeing that I only wish for His will be to done. Then I went on to bed.

I then proceeded onto Sunday, Was a truly Lovely service, Went to Hillsong London which is My Church. Was a blessing of a service about the Love of God and how that is reflected in Our Lives. After which i spent the rest of my day in London then headed home to Southampton which is where i live. While on the coach my mum gave me a phone call, She sounded very excited and proceeded to explain why. To my surprised yesterday she was at a Christian workshop evening, She has been a Christian for 30 Years and never once spoke in tongues. Yesterday evening near the time when Jennifer was praying for me, She began to speak in tongues for the first time ever, After sharing this with me i was amazed, I told her about Jennifer and the conversation we had yesterday and more so about her praying about me. God is truly amazing, The barrier that i had between me and speaking in tongues was to do with my mum, I Truly believe that Jennifer praying for me, enabled my mum to speak in tongues, My mum and i have talked about speaking in Tongues and we both shared the same view about it, We were both quite "lukewarm" to the Gift. After this conversation on the phone, i was very thankful to God for all He had done, Although i said a prayer on the coach, I very much wanted to go home and pray.

When i got home i very much wanted to pray, So i knelt by my bed and prayed i usually pray in my head but i felt it was important for me to speak out, So i followed that feeling i did. For the first time ever in my life i asked God to fill me with The Holy Spirit, Almost instantly, i felt a tremendous overwhelming amount of Love, I began to shake and my voice quivered intensely. I began to Thank God, My arms were shaking intensely. I continued to pray and Give Thanks to God. I am not the best with words but i was able to articulate perfectly everything i wanted to say to God, Everything that i didn't know how to say was pouring out of me, I felt my Spirit talking, It was such a amazing feeling to be able to express my Gratitude to The Lord in such a way, As i continued to pray i began to utter words that didn't know the meaning of, I began to speak in tongues for only what seems like a minute or so, The amount of warmth and Love i felt from The Holy Spirit Embrace is indescribable it still makes me quiver at the thought.

I thought i would share this, I am so Grateful towards God.He is constantly God Is Truly Amazing.

May God Truly Bless You

Chris

1 comment:

  1. Thats amazing Chris...im happy for both you and your mum for feeling the power of the Holy Spirit on a personal level! Praying out loud (not meaning very loud but actually speakin the words out) can be very important, as the Bible tells us that its mainly through speaking out words with faith, things start to happen. The Bible also shows us how the tongue is very powerful tool, can be used for good and bad. God spoke words out for creation to come into existance!

    Thank you for following my blog, hope we can all learn from each other through our blogs! enjoy :D
    :D

    ReplyDelete