Monday 8 November 2010

Fruits of the Spirit - Servant Heart ( Part 1 )

Firstly, I have been very busy lately, while I have been writing messages, I haven’t had a chance to upload any due to some computer issues, hopefully from now on I can do so more consistently. Hope you are all well and doing wonderfully by God’s Grace.

I Thank God for this message, it’s one that has been carrying me and helping me in servant-hood, and drawing me deeper into relation with Our Eternal God.

So this is me really just sharing my thoughts on Galatians 5:22, and how it relates to us as servants. It’s going to be broken into a few parts to avoid throwing out to much at once.

I call this Fruits of the Spirit – A Servant Heart, because as I look more and more into the Fruits of the Spirit I see that all the of the Fruits of the Spirit better us at serving one another, I would say this would take place second after the Fruits allow us to better Love God. It brings to mind the word’s of Jesus Christ in Matthew 22:37 when He is speaking about the two greatest commandments.

37 Jesus said to him, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and great commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbour as yourself.’

The Fruits of the Spirit are such a wondrously precious gift from God unto us, through those Gifts we gain such an understanding and deepening of our relationship with God. There are 9 Fruits of the Spirit, These are found in Galatians 5:22 -

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law

I find myself as I walk around in life, seeking God in both the small and big situations, trying to be Faithfully seek Him in all ( although I fall short at this ), that through doing so, God really does reveal more of His heart towards the big and small situations. Especially when it comes to personal relationships. God is a passionately loving God.

Jesus Christ only used the word desire twice when speaking of Himself both times He was talking about Desiring relationship with the disciples in Luke 22:15

15 Then He said to them, “With fervent desire I have desired to eat this Passover with you before I suffer;

And the other is in John 17:24

24 “Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world.

Both intensely sweeping scriptures, if you have a moment have a read in context, beautifully revealing chapters as to the Heart of Our Lord.
God is passionate about having a relationship with each and every one of us. God is our Counsel, Great in His way, on Him we can be rest assured that we place our faith in a Good God.
As we walk through life, and as we grow in our relationship seeking God, submitting both the big and small to God, God leads us and teaches us. As a Father would teach His Son, so does Our Heavenly Father teach us ( His children ), whom He has begotten through Jesus Christ. That we through Him may learn the ways of His kingdom and grow closer to His Heart.

Over the past few weeks, I have encountered allot of trying situations, all of which have not been directly in my life but rather in the life of others around me. We as a Church and Body of Christ are to serve one another and serve the world. Saved to Serve.
Over the past few weeks, I have encountered great grievance’s for which I am grateful , but grievance’s none-the-less. At this God has been showing me how He weeps over so many, both believers and non-believers.

God is an all-knowing God, but God is not distant from us. He is graciously and long-sufferingly with us, and the hardships we face, He is also there with us. We so often go through hard times and don’t turn to Him. This is such a great pain, I have experienced this in the smallest degree, but for God who is intimately linked with each and every one of us, As Jesus Christ said. He wants to relieve us of our burdens.

It is similar to this, A Father witnessing his child go into the dark alleys everyday and shoot up heroin and all kinds of dangerous drugs and behaviour, progressively getting worse. Seeking escape but finding none, progressing worse and worse, moving further and further away from the Father out of fear of judgement. The Fathers intentions are not to judge the heart of the child but to have mercy upon her and take her burdens upon himself, so that she may move past the addictions and hardships of life.

If she would turn to God and place trust in him, He would surely and faithfully do all he could to help her walk the path that is right for her.

So much more is Our Heavenly Father for us, He has served us in the greatest of ways by Sending His one and only Son, Jesus Christ into the world, so that we may give up our illness’s and our sinful ways, turn to God that He might have mercy upon us and relieve us of our burdens and move us onto the right path. Salvation is something only God is able to do and He made a way for us in Jesus Christ.

The fruits of the spirit for us believers, is an enabler. It is God’s empowerment in us changing our nature into a nature similar to Jesus Christ, the Bible actually says “likeness” ( Romans 8:29 ). This likeness is key to us learning how the Fruits of the Spirit is related to our servant hood.

The greatest servant of all, is Our Lord Jesus Christ, He served the entire world through His Love for us. If we look at how He served His disciples we can witness and see how each and all of these fruits were present in His life.

Firstly,

Servant Heart of Love –

1 John 4:9-10
9 In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. 10 In this is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.

Every action Jesus did, could readily be understood as an action of love, from the small to the big. Even when He was charging people outside of the temple for selling goods, it was out of the Love of God’s House also for the correction of the people who were selling so that they could repent and move forward. The Love of Jesus Christ we witness is so frequently if not always in a servant context, Ultimately Serving God.

Servant Heart of Joy -

This one fascinated me, because I knew Jesus had Joy in Him, but I couldn’t put into words or fully in knowledge of what made Jesus Joyful. I was astounded at what I found.

Luke 10:21 –
21 In that hour Jesus rejoiced in the Spirit and said, “I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and revealed them to babes. Even so, Father, for so it seemed good in Your sight.

To set the context, this is just after the 70 disciples returned and they were rejoicing because when Jesus Christ sent them out, He sent them out in His Power and they were overjoyed because of the wonderful works that were done through them, so they came back super joyed at the work of God through them. Jesus Christ corrects them and says rejoice in the fact your names are written in the Book of Life.

I find this amazing, I do wonderful whether Jesus Christ was rejoicing because of the works done through them or because they had returned faithfully or because they had served God.

In either case Jesus Christ is rejoicing in seeing the Kingdom of God manifest, I think there is allot to learn from this, and I’ve been taught a great deal through this also.

When God moves whether it seems small or big, we should be rejoicing with Him, with Jesus Christ. It’s amazing scripture, also paints a picture of us, and the importance of that relationship with God, we go out into the world for Him but we return to Him rejoicing.

This concludes the first part, I pray it Blesses you,
May God Truly Bless You, Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment