Tuesday 9 November 2010

Turn the Light on and Search!


Turn the Light on and Search!




Luke 8:8-10 reads –



8 “Or what woman, having ten silver coins, if she loses one coin, does not light a lamp, sweep the house, and search carefully until she finds it? 9 And when she has found it, she calls her friends and neighbors together, saying, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found the piece which I lost!’ 10 Likewise, I say to you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”




God is very thorough in His Ways, He placed us ( Believers ) in a very Blessed position. I believe it that it’s important for us to walk in that position God has called us to. In the parables in Luke 15, This is the middle one, Jesus Christ is speaking and explaining about how the Lost are important to God, and Jesus Christ.




I know times in my life, I have been in a state of being lost. Jesus Christ found me through a fellow believer and a sister. I knew God existed but I was a state mentally I didn’t know where to start looking for Him. Mostly I was fearful because I understood enough to know I was a sinner but knew nothing of God’s redemption in Jesus Christ.




A few years ago, I use to speak to many people about God, not knowing God. I use to speak about the government and how they were deceitful in there ways, all the while I was doing the exact same thing. I would speak great lengthy theories to people, to my class mates. So much so the teacher would actually allow me to speak to the whole class for an hour or so, How great that would have been if I had KNOWN God, but The words I was speaking were Death, I pray for each one of those people individually because I now realise the error of my ways but at the time,




Proverbs 15:4 says –



4 A wholesome tongue is a tree of life,
But perverseness in it breaks the spirit.




I was speaking so much but I was giving absolutely no hope. I was allow the enemy to use me and distract people from the BIGGEST question.




Who is Jesus Christ ?



I believe this solely is the biggest question we as believers need to bring towards people. It is the biggest defining point. Without Jesus Christ there is no salvation. There is no Genesis 1 or no Revelations 22.



John 1:1-5 –



1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made. 4 In Him was life, and the life was the light of men. 5 And the light shines in the darkness, and the darkness did not comprehend it.




The reason why I’m speaking about this is simple. In the parable in Luke 15:8-10, Jesus Christ Says “if she loses one coin, does not light a lamp”




We are seeking what is Lost, but if we ourselves do not have that Light, we will be searching in the Dark. This is why we seek God before seeking what is Lost. We are that Lamp, Jesus Christ was the first and the brightest Lamp of all, We all follow Him because His Light, The Light of Life shone into our lives and He brought us out of darkness. Now we through Him are Lamps in this world, Doing as He done, searching out the lost. “Carefully”.




John 8:12 –


12 Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.” ( A Promise from Jesus Christ )



And again in John 9:5 –




5As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world.”




We cannot search without the Light in our lives. Otherwise even if we were to find people in the dark, by feeling around in the dark. What use are we to them ? if we can’t bring them out of that darkness.



We are useless, we simply move a person from one form of darkness to another. But there is always Hope when we are looking to the word of God, for God said in Matthew 5:14-16 -



14
“You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. 15Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.




By accepting Christ into our lives and following Him and leaving behind our darkness ( that is repenting of our sin ). We become the Light of the World because of Christ in us. So when we encounter the Lost we have a True message of Hope and a true reason to seek after them, and a True salvation to Preach and a Light to shine into the darkness.




As we as believers move forward following Christ, it’s important for us to always seek after God, as we do such our passion and desires change from what we desire to what God desires, we continually transformed from the inside-out to a likeness to Christ ( Romans 12:1-2, 2 Corinthians 3:18 ). So when we walk in and out of situations our character is ever changing for the better as we hold onto Jesus Christ ( Romans 5:1-5 ). As this happens we are of better service to those around us, because Jesus Christ was the highest servant of all and served ALL in perfection.



I wrote this message as God emphasized to me the importance of having the Light always present when searching. As we seek God daily, As we walk as God’s Light in the World, Let us do so knowing that we have a True Hope, and True Gospel and a True Savior that is Jesus Christ. I hope this encourages you as you walk forward a Light in the World!



Love You Dearly,
May God Truly Bless You!







No comments:

Post a Comment